We’re starting to get case law decisions from Appellate Courts about the Mental Health Diversion Law (California Penal Code 1001.36, from AB 1810) Governor Brown inked this bill late June 2018 and it became effective June 27, 2018. You can see my blog about that law, although there seem to be some amendments being made to it. One question frequently asked is whether this law will apply only going forward? Or will it apply to older cases....Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "AB 1810"
- More California Supreme Court guidance on Sanchez hearsay issues: Veamatahau and Perez
- What can a Prosecutor argue with the word “reasonable”: People v. Ramirez
- Can you lose your 6th Amendment right to Confrontation? People v. Merchant, 10/9/19
- Can Police search your car if you’re carrying a legal amount of weed? People v. Lee, 10/3/19
- Is running from police enough for them to detain you? People v. Flores