Starting January 1, 2019, new laws as they relate to ignition interlock devices (in-car breathalyzers) came into effect in California. This comes from Senate Bill 1046. SB 1046 is effect January 1, 2019 until January 1, 2026 when some parts will sunset and other laws will come into effect. There are many, many updates to the Vehicle Code for all of this. So I’ll just hit the main points as they relate to what happens after a conviction of...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "IID"
- More California Supreme Court guidance on Sanchez hearsay issues: Veamatahau and Perez
- What can a Prosecutor argue with the word “reasonable”: People v. Ramirez
- Can you lose your 6th Amendment right to Confrontation? People v. Merchant, 10/9/19
- Can Police search your car if you’re carrying a legal amount of weed? People v. Lee, 10/3/19
- Is running from police enough for them to detain you? People v. Flores