[An update on this case: on 3/29/19 the Courts ordered it depublished, see 2019 Cal App Unpub LEXIS 2252. But it’s still an interesting read with some history of this case law] Does Defendant need to sign anything to formally (and legally) waive Miranda? Must an officer take separate Miranda waivers after each advisal within Miranda? What if Defendant is a minor…how does that affect things? In re L.R. from 2/20/19 (Court of Appeals of...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "miranda"
- More California Supreme Court guidance on Sanchez hearsay issues: Veamatahau and Perez
- What can a Prosecutor argue with the word “reasonable”: People v. Ramirez
- Can you lose your 6th Amendment right to Confrontation? People v. Merchant, 10/9/19
- Can Police search your car if you’re carrying a legal amount of weed? People v. Lee, 10/3/19
- Is running from police enough for them to detain you? People v. Flores