But I was carrying a legal amount of marijuana! That starts the facts of this case People v. Lee, decided 10/3/19*. Here, Police pull Lee over for driving with out a front license plate and tinted windows. Lee tells Police his license is suspended and doesn’t have a license. Police get Lee out of the car, search him, and find a legal amount of marijuana on Lee. Legal, per the passage of California Proposition 64 in 2016 means a person 21...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "weed"
- More California Supreme Court guidance on Sanchez hearsay issues: Veamatahau and Perez
- What can a Prosecutor argue with the word “reasonable”: People v. Ramirez
- Can you lose your 6th Amendment right to Confrontation? People v. Merchant, 10/9/19
- Can Police search your car if you’re carrying a legal amount of weed? People v. Lee, 10/3/19
- Is running from police enough for them to detain you? People v. Flores