August 28, 2018 Governor Brown signed SB 10, which is set to become law October 1, 2019. You can read the full text of SB 10 here and what will become new sections of the California Penal Code. But I’ll step through some of the main points to understand, as this will greatly change our bail laws and system in California. As I step through this, I’ll give the new California Penal Code sections where the language lives. It makes it a...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "bail"
- More California Supreme Court guidance on Sanchez hearsay issues: Veamatahau and Perez
- What can a Prosecutor argue with the word “reasonable”: People v. Ramirez
- Can you lose your 6th Amendment right to Confrontation? People v. Merchant, 10/9/19
- Can Police search your car if you’re carrying a legal amount of weed? People v. Lee, 10/3/19
- Is running from police enough for them to detain you? People v. Flores